Internal Medicine Specialist
Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue (FROST)
Surrey Research Park, Guildford, UK
We invite applications from Internal Medicine Specialists with a strong interest in oncology, endoscopy and Interventional Radiology to join Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue (FROST) in Guildford, UK, for an initial six-month fixed term contract, ideally from December 2019. The position would be suited to individuals keen to develop their skills in Interventional Medicine and Oncology long-term. Applicants will ideally be Boarded, or Residency trained (minimum), and be familiar with working in a busy clinical service, including receiving and managing complex cases, working closely with surgical and interventional specialists, consulting with practising veterinary surgeons, training interns, and providing continuing education to the team.
FROST is the largest independent specialist oncology centre in the UK. It is multi-discipline but all within the fields of oncology and soft tissue, providing medical, surgical and interventional services. You would be joining a team of Specialists (Internal Medicine, Oncology, Soft Tissue Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging), Residents (Surgery), Interns (General, Oncology, Anaesthesia), Nurses, Auxiliaries and Clinical Research Assistants.
FROST is a beautiful purpose-built Specialist Hospital dedicated to advancing veterinary oncology through expert care, teamwork, clinical research and compassionate client support. The facilities at FROST are state-of-the-art and include a 160-slice CT scanner, C-arm fluoroscopy unit and Interventional Radiology suite, minimally-invasive surgical equipment, cystoscopy/endoscopy/bronchoscopy, chemotherapy suite, separate chemotherapy preparation and hood room, ultrasonography, digital radiography and full in-house laboratory (for a virtual tour visit https://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.uk/guildfordhospital/ ).
FROST is located on the Surrey Research Park in Guildford and is ideally located, adjacent to the University of Surrey School of Veterinary Medicine, the St. Luke’s Cancer Centre, and The Royal Surrey Hospital. It is well served by both Gatwick and Heathrow airports and is within 30 minutes of central London via train.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, you will work as part of the Medical Oncology and Interventional Medicine teams and share your knowledge, skills and ideas to help develop the services and the Hospital.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive, manage and care for patients, including complex cases
- Communicate with the wider team on patient care information and treatments
- Maintain records
- Represent and promote Fitzpatrick Referrals, its aims and values
- You may be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the Practice and as the Practice may from time to time require
- Board-eligible / resident trained applicants are also encouraged to apply
- Familiar with working in a busy clinical service, including receiving and managing complex internal medicine cases
- Experience of consulting with practising veterinary surgeons
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Compassionate and caring
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligible to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Applicants will ideally be an ECVIM or ACVIM Diplomate
- Experience of working closely with surgical and interventional oncologist
- Experience of training interns, and providing continuing educatio
- Ability to work under pressur
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and spoken English
Application and Selection Process
· Interviews will take place at the convenience of both parties.
Compensation and Benefit
- Competitive salary and benefits package, employee assistance programme, generous CPD allowance, workplace pension and free on-site parkin
- Fixed term contract and full-time hours.
Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7AJ, United Kingdom